Aims & Scope
Earth Sciences Pakistan (ESP) is an International Open & Free Access biannual e-Journal publishing peer-reviewed primary research/review papers from all the domains of earth and environmental sciences. Given that a large number of manuscripts report either observations or model results for a limited domain, manuscripts intended for publication in ESP are expected to fulfill at least one of the following three criteria;
- The data should be of relevance and should be of statistically significant size and from a region from where such data are sparse. If the data are from a well-sampled region, the data size should be considerable and advance our knowledge of the region.
- A model study is carried out to explain observations reported either in the same manuscript or in the literature.
- The analysis, whether of data or with models, is novel and the inferences advance the current knowledge.
The scope of Earth Sciences Pakistan includes, but is not limited to:
- Environmental sciences, environmental engineering, environmental pollution, environmental biotechnic, toxicology
- Volcanology, tectonics, neotectonics, geomorphology, geochemistry, geothermal energy, glaciology, ore geology, environmental geology
- Geological engineering, geotechnics
- Geo-hazards like tsunami, earthquake, landslide, debris flow and subsidence
- Mining engineering, rock/soil improvements and development
- Petroleum engineering, blasting engineering
- Applications of remote sensing (RS), geographical information system (GIS) and global positioning system (GPS) in earth sciences and engineering
- Meteorology and atmospheric sciences
- Wastewater treatment, water resources and engineering, groundwater, contaminant treatment
- Offshore and marine geotechnics
- Fertilizer pollution control, agrochemicals, industrial waste, urban landfills, traffic congestion
Peer Review Policy
All peer review is single blind and submission is online via Editorial Manager.
Article publishing charge
There is no APC from 2017 to 2020. Authors will pay $300 only from 2022 onwards.
There are no submission charges for this journal.